Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Aggressive Frog

So one of my albino clawed frogs seems to be quite aggressive. For the most part he is pretty laid back and doesn't bother anything, but do not get in his way because he will show you no mercy.

Really I have had issues with him quite a bit in the past. He is very nasty when it comes to feeding time. He will chase any of the fish (including the larger ones) and bat at them with his hands. He kind of scares me because I'm worried he would accidentaly (or perhaps inferentially) kill one or more of my cory catfish. So I have thought about moving him sooner rather then later, but I didn't see the need.

Well just now I saw him attacking one of my swordtails. Let me tell you something. He chases off the other fish, but I have never seen him catch anything (or even come close) other then my cory.

I was quite upset. Even more upset when I realized he wasn't attacking the swordtail but rather had already killed it, and was eating him. I became quite furious to be frank, and I think the only thing that saved him from me not killing him was the fact the swordtail wasn't one of the pregnet ones.

Honestly I'm not in a good mood to start off with. I have a cold (in the middle of August for crying out loud), and am on medication. This frog really was very close to being killed.

Instead I caught him, and toss him into my tank downstairs. I may move the other one downstairs too - Not because he is also causing issues, and not because I care the one now downstairs has no frog company, but instead because the one upstairs now has no frog company.

No comments:

Post a Comment